WELCOME! I make handmade Kusudama origami paper flower bouquets and other items.
Kusudama origami originated from ancient Japanese culture. It is not exact origami as the units are fused together, but it is still respected as an ingenious traditional paper folding craft in the origami family.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Progress and Versatility
Getting just a little closer...
These both have ribbon and tulle now. All that is left is the handles, but those will go on when all the others are done.
I have been slightly side tracked... Again, by a rush order for a friend of mine so I took a few days off to complete that. I should be done today and back to these in full force. I expect it won't be much longer until I'm done with the bouquets and on to the next part of the order.
In some other, slightly unrelated news, I was awarded the Versatile Blogger award this past week!
It was kind of funny, actually, as I have two blogs and was given this same award for both, several days apart by two different people.
So, instead of repeating myself, I'm going to give 7 new facts about my flowers and then I'll link you up to my other blog. There you will find my 7 facts about me, and also my 10 blogs I linked up for the award as well. This just saves me loads of time... And I need all the time I can get right now!
So here are my 7 flower facts:
1) I started making paper flowers with a friend of mine 3 years ago and fell in love with the idea... (Though, the flowers we were making were much different from these.)
2) I began listing my flowers on Etsy in March of this year and I have sold over 10 orders now, through Etsy and personally as well.
3) I use scrap booking paper for all of my flowers.
4) Most of the time, I have to visit all 3 of our local craft stores to find what I need... And I order from other Etsy sellers as often as I can.
5) Each bouquet takes me 2-4 days to complete.
6) I work on these in my living room between running errands and doing housework.
7) While I work I watch way too much Netflix and Hulu to keep myself occupied.
SO... That's about it. Thanks SO MUCH to Pamela at Reviews She ROTE for giving me this award! Now go check out my other blog, anythingbutandthensome, to see 7 more facts and the 10 fantastic blogs I linked up!